Information about Eviction Cases

Frequently Asked Questions

Will the eviction go on her credit report?

If you provide their DOB and TAX ID numbers we offer the extra service of placing the account for collections with our collections company. The eviction judgment can also be abstracted for an extra fee and will eventually go on their credit.

What can you do for us as to the money she will owe? If she leaves after a month or two with out paying rent?

Place it for collection.

Do you collect for damages to the rental house as well?

This too could be placed for collection, but we would need our make ready company to bid the work to document damages. This would cost $150 unless you have them then do the make-ready. This would also cost you our 10% project fee for coordinating whatever make ready you approve.


What exactly do we get from hiring you?

Expertise in getting the tenants evicted and out of the property without your sitting all day in court.

Can you please send us paperwork stating what you do and what you can show how landlords benefit from hiring you?

We also need in writing our out of pocket fees to you for the eviction process. The fee schedule is on the website. The notice to vacate hand delivered is $69, then it’s the court filing and our fee to file the suit and go to court for you. if they don’t get out after being evicted there is another set of fees to get the constable to enforce a writ for possession.

Where do I file my Eviction suit?

An eviction suit must be filed in the Justice Court in the precinct of the county in which the rental property is located.

What is the first thing you have to do?

In your lease agreement, you have a stated grace period,  after which time payment is considered late. This is usually 3 to 5 days. If payment has not been received, we can Serve them with the 3 Day Notice to Pay or Quit. If at the end of that time they have not paid or you choose not to let them restore the lease contract by payment, you submit a Forcible Entry Detainer at the Justice of the Peaces office, pay the fee which varies depending on the Precinct and County. Then you obtain a court date to have the Judge tell them to Pay or Quit (Leave the property).

How is the 3 Day Notice to Pay or Quit delivered?

We Post one or two notices at the property, usually the front door, and one the garage door if it appears to be the main entrance. We also send a Certified Receipt Priority Mail Notice.

How long does an eviction take?

In the State of Texas about 3 to 4 weeks.

How can I pay for your services?

Cash,  Money Order, VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and PayPal are all accepted.

If you don’t see a question here you want to know about something, email us and we will answer you and add it here.

At Houston Evictions we fill out all the forms, serve and mail your notices to the property of the tenant, and go to the courthouse pay all the fees except the Writ of Possession if needed and appear in court (hopefully with you but it is not necessary) to present the unlawful possession of your house by a tenant to the judge and receive the judgement.